From Astroneer Wiki
Types[edit | edit source]
- Limited single-slots (abrv. 1-slot), where only portable equipment and resources can be attached.
- Paired single-slots (abrv. 2-slot, or double-slot) can be used for 1-slot items and larger objects like Artifacts and Storage units.
- Fabrication slots are single or double attachment points with holographic displays that will only accept one particular item. Examples of these are the side slots on a Printer and Vehicle Bay, or the printer slot on an astroneer's Backpack. Exceptions to this rule are the small Platforms that, despite requiring Resin, will still allow other items to be stored there; and the Fuel ports on a Shuttle or Spaceship, meant for Hydrazine, but that still allow equipment like Wind Vanes to be attached.
- Single-slot connectors, like those at the front of platform modules, or at the front and back of Rovers will only accept small power generators.
- Double-slot connectors, like those at the front and back of Trucks will only allow for 2-slot items.
Uses[edit | edit source]
The purpose of attachment slots is broad, but generally speaking, they can be used to:
- Secure items you don't want to lose or that you need in a toolkit for travel and exploration. For example, you may want to carry materials like Compound in your backpack so you can make a chain of tethers to provide power and oxygen as you explore.
- To improve platforms with much needed features, like power sources or expanded storage. For example, you can attach a power source like the Wind Vane to a Rover to provide it with power or add more storage to increase its carrying capability from 2 slots to 8.
- To interact with platforms, feeding consumable resources required for production.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Attachment slots can be found in:
- Backpacks - 8 single-slots, 2 side ports where small power generators can directly fuel the Backpack Battery, plus 1 crafting slot.
- Habitats - 2 single-slots.
- Platforms - 1 double-slot, that can be used for storage, or to insert Resin for a Platform upgrade.
- Module Platforms - 1 single-slot in the front (unexpandable platform connector) for small power generators, 1 double slot on each side, plus a variable number of fabrication slots. The Smelter includes 5 unrestricted smelting slots that allow for storage of items other than ores.
- Rovers - 2 double-slots on the chassis and 2 single-slot connectors on each end (that double as platform connectors).
- Trucks - 4 double-slots on the chassis and 2 double-slot connectors on each end (that double as platform connectors).
- Shuttles - 2 double-slots, plus 2 Hydrazine ports on the tank that function as single slots for small power generators.
- Spaceships - 4 double-slots, plus 2 Hydrazine ports on the tank that function as single slots for small power generators.
- Cranes - 1 double-slot on the arm for equipping a Drill Head (but useable for other items), plus 2 single-slots on the side where mined Resources are stacked (but also useable for other items).
- Storage units - 8 single-slots. And Vehicle Storage units - 4 double-slots.
- Generators have single-slots designed with the specific function of receiving various types of fuel. Thrusters have 4 of these.
- While likely not intended for player use, world objects such as trees and Probes, contain hidden functional attachment slots (where research Artifacts are usually found). Only 2-slot items can be attached to these.