From Astroneer Wiki
See the page about Nodes to see more about the dynamic attachment slots
Types[edit | edit source]
- Single Storage Slot (Tier-1), where only tier-1 Modules and resources can be attached.
- Paired Double Storage Slots (Tier-2), can be used for 1-slot items and larger objects like Artifacts and Storage units, some plants can have tier 2 object attached to where it's artifacts used to be
- Paired Quadruple storage Slots (Tier-3), This slot is distinguishable by it's green color. Objects using this
- Single Widget Slot (Tier-1), This slot, located on the top corner of the backpack only accepts Widgets.
- Single Connector Node (Tier-1), This slot is capable to make connection to other platform or vehicle that also has a connector, it will also accept some power generating widgets
- Paired Double Connector Node (Tier-2), This slot is capable to make connection to other platform or vehicle that also has a connector, tier-2 module and objects such as Artifacts can also be attached to this point.
- Holograms (All Tier), These attachment points have holographic displays that will interact when given it's appropriate items. Examples of these are the side slots on a Printer and an empty vehicle connected to Vehicle Bay, or the printer slot on an astroneer's Backpack, The small Platforms with only 1 connector, will accept Resin, and the Fuel ports on a Shuttle or Spaceship, meant for Hydrazine, but that still allow tier-1 object like Wind Vanes to be attached.
Uses[edit | edit source]
The purpose of attachment slots is broad, but generally speaking, they can be used to:
- Secure items you don't want to lose or that you need in a toolkit for travel and exploration. For example, you may want to carry materials like Compound in your backpack so you can make a chain of tethers to provide power and oxygen as you explore.
- To improve platforms with much needed features, like power sources or expanded storage. For example, you can attach a power source like the Wind Vane to a Rover to provide it with power or add more storage to increase its carrying capability from 2 slots to 8.
- To interact with platforms, feeding consumable resources required for production.
Example Locations[edit | edit source]
Attachment slots can be found in:
- Backpacks - 8 single-slots, 2 side ports where small power generators can directly fuel the Backpack Battery, plus 1 crafting slot.
- Habitats - 2 single-slots.
- Platforms - 1 double-slot, that can be used for storage, or to insert Resin for a Platform upgrade.
- Module Platforms - 1 single-slot in the front (unexpandable platform connector) for small power generators, 1 double slot on each side, plus a variable number of fabrication slots. The Smelter includes 5 unrestricted smelting slots that allow for storage of items other than ores.
- Rovers - 2 double-slots on the chassis and 2 single-slot connectors on each end (that double as platform connectors).
- Trucks - 4 double-slots on the chassis and 2 double-slot connectors on each end (that double as platform connectors).
- Shuttles - 2 double-slots, plus 2 Hydrazine ports on the tank that function as single slots for small power generators.
- Spaceships - 4 double-slots, plus 2 Hydrazine ports on the tank that function as single slots for small power generators.
- Cranes - 1 double-slot on the arm for equipping a Drill Head (but useable for other items), plus 2 single-slots on the side where mined Resources are stacked (but also useable for other items).
- Storage units - 8 single-slots. And Vehicle Storage units - 4 double-slots.
- Generators have single-slots designed with the specific function of receiving various types of fuel. Thrusters have 4 of these.
- While likely not intended for player use, world objects such as trees and Probes, contain hidden functional attachment slots (where research Artifacts are usually found). Only 2-slot items can be attached to these.