From Astroneer Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

So just to move some discussion over to this page, We were discussing on the Resources page naming conventions. I feel we should really consider changing Research Items to Research Objects this seems like a minor change but a Research OBJECT is quite specifically a thing used in the process of researching a certain Subject (aka Schematics/Blueprints). This allows Items to remain in the equipment parlance. Research Items has the feel of tool or equipment used in research not the thing being tested to discover information. This could mean that we could shorten this to "Objects" for linking purposes. Daystar ebk (talk) 16:48, 4 January 2017 (UTC)

That sounds fine, and a minor edit currently. Crychair (talk) 17:09, 4 January 2017 (UTC)

Can we please not use the word Research Object/Item? We already had a distinct word for them, Artifacts. It also helps distinguish itself from the research you receive as a result of researching the Artifacts. (Slight edit:) I just read through all the discussion and realized at no point do we even use the word Research Object/Item. Reverting the page to Artifacts to keep in-line with our discussion on that page. Skell Skell (talk) 19:19, 4 January 2017 (UTC)

Shouldn't we just call them "Unknowns" and keep with the games own terminologyDayStar EbK (talk) 19:38, 4 January 2017 (UTC)

We could, but "unknowns" sounds like a bit of an off-term. In the sense that it could refer to many things, not simply the research pods, especially as the game progresses. And I agree with Artifacts, personally. It fits, we use it, it has no conflicts as the game stands. The Berk (talk) 19:42, 4 January 2017 (UTC)

Let's stay with Artifact and move on already... For the record, the best term for me is "Research chest". FlorentPoujol (talk) 20:39, 4 January 2017 (UTC)

Moving on... Are we sure it's Random? Is there some relation between type and schematic found? Anyone spread-sheeting their results? Daystar ebk (talk) 18:01, 5 January 2017 (UTC)