|| Version notes
||16th June 2017
- Implemented raw logging for join errors in MP games
- Implemented player-facing messages for join errors in MP games
- Rover center of gravity has been lowered, improving handling
- Thrusters are now 10x as fun as they were before
- Sprint can now be toggled on the Xbox GamePad by pressing the left thumbstick
- Fixed an issue where players became stuck inside the Habitat
||26th May 2017
- Steam now automatically uploads crash logs.
- Backpack visual design has been updated and new animations applied.
- Item names have been updated to better reflect their size. (e.g. Medium Rover, Large Rover, etc.).
- Fixed input inconsistencies in the Control Menu.
- When exiting a Shuttle docked at the Vehicle Bay, the Astroneer should no longer become stuck.
- Fixed an issue where certain objects still appeared gray after a saved game was reloaded.
- Fixed an issue with solar panels failing to charge after loading a previously saved game.
- Fixed a minor art overlap with the Research module hologram and research chests.
- Even more rocks now despawn after being dug up.
- Decorators no longer spawn on deformed terrain.
- Vehicles no longer automatically eject Astroneers.
- Decorators now clean up appropriately when a module is built on top of them.
- Fixed an intermittent issue where space station launch buttons would stop working.
- Fixed an issue where Dropships would remain on a planet if a player's game crashes mid-travel.
- Fixed an issue where deform tools would be left behind in saved games that were generated in Multiplayer.
- Smelters no longer generate partial resources.
- Fixed an issue with objects floating as a player moves away from them.
- Gas Bag explosions audio now plays correctly in Multiplayer.
- Fixed issues with the Drill Head that prevented terrain deformation.
- Fixed an issue where Seats printed by the Vehicle Bay could not be removed from Rovers.
- Fixed minor audio issue with the Backpack printer.
- Items ejected from Backpacks can once again be picked up by players in Multiplayer.
- Fixed Winch cable issues in Multiplayer.
- Fixed crashing issues caused by broken landing zones in Multiplayer.
- Fixed several issues where item input indicators were missing in Multiplayer.
- Fix an issue where player color differentiation did not persist after loading a saved game.
- Gas bags in caves now despawn after being destroyed.
||5th May 2017
- Hydrazine can explode!
- Gas hazards now despawn after being uncovered from terrain.
- Improved research curve. Chests of the same type can now be re-researched. (This resolves an issue where some players might never see certain unlocks)
- Added Turkish language to the build.
- Added Early Access/Pre-alpha + Build # to on-screen overlay.
- Fixed an issue causing the occurrence of visible seams in terrain in MP or after save load.
- Improve rover stability in MP so they no longer unrecoverably fly apart.
- Most rocks now despawn after being dug up.
- Fix gamepad camera behavior while in planet navigation.
- Fix incorrect research unlock text.
- Fix ejected resource nuggets being ungrabbable for non-host players.
- Fix various audio cues playing incorrectly in MP.
- Fix power cells not unlocking despite the player receiving an unlock message.
||21st April 2017
||This update mostly addresses the inability to Print objects or Vehicles after unsuccessfully being rewarded with their blueprints for Researching. There's 2 bug fixes included in this update as well.
- Fix for player color/suits being wrong in MP after Save game is loaded.
- Fix for DEADLY HEAT-SEEKING storm boxes
||Augment & Research Curve Update
||21st April 2017
- Added tool augment system: Augment items can be attached to tools (starting with terrain tool) to upgrade or change behavior
- Terrain tool can now be interacted with when backpack is open in order to slot in augments.
- New unlock-able augment items!
- Terrain analyzer: Collect terrain of a particular material/color until meter is full. Once meter is full, adding terrain will use the equipped color, and subtracting terrain will filter on the equipped color.
- Wide mod: Increases the size of the terrain tool brush while decreasing intensity.
- Narrow mod: Decreases the size of the terrain tool brush while increasing intensity.
- Inhibitor: Shuts down functionality. Applied to terrain tool, turns off adding/subtracting terrain, but maintains color changes and harvesting.
- Complete overhaul of equipment unlock progression. Specific equipment unlocks are now dependent on researching certain types of chests while retaining some randomization.
- Steeper difficulty curve: Fewer types of equipment are available at the beginning of a new game, requiring more chests to be recovered and researched to acquire everything.
- Research chests are less common overall.
- Hydrazine no longer tradeable at trade module.
- Backpack now opens to one side, if space is clear, to support tool interactions, and clear the view ahead.
- Backpack gets illuminated when opened to aid visibility in dark areas.
- Default terrain tool brush size and intensity adjusted.
- Terrain tool now adds grey terrain when no augment mod equipped.
- Terrain brush now indicates color
- Added an interaction indicator between the Astroneer and held items. In multiplayer, the indicators of other players are now visible and receive the accent color of that player.
- Dynamite explosion power and radius now increases when multiple dynamite sticks are packed together.
- Mellowed out camera behavior when backpack or terrain tool is out.
- Updated vehicle code to increase stability.
- Added new VFX for deformations.
- Performance: Several significant improvements to key physics systems to improve CPU perf.
- Bug: Fixed crash on load of some saved games.
- Bug: Fix many objects falling through the world when unattended.
- Bug: Fixed foliage floating in air after dynamite explosion.
- Bug: Fix tethers disappearing on quick-stow if top-left backpack bundle is full.
- Bug: Fix tethers not being place-able while sprinting.
- Bug: Fix Astroneer's head remaining cocked until cursor is moved to a forward position.
- Bug: Fix auxiliary slot items not automatically equipping to backpack auxiliary slots when printed.
- Bug: Fix item unlock messages not replicating to all clients in MP.
- Bug: Fix various MP desync issues.
||17th March 2017
SAVE FILE UX ON SATELLITE MENU
- Can delete saves
- Saves use fixed numbered slots
- Most recent save selected by default
- Disable starting new game when saves full
- Reduced camera auto-adjustment so it interferes less when using gamepad
- Updated attenuation settings on refinery audio. No longer playing as 2d.
- Adjusted the Terrain cursor analog stick motion curve
- Improved physics update efficiency.
- Plant Materials updated to be less GPU intensive.
- Major optimization to base networks and tethers.
- Significantly reduce network bandwidth usage.
||16th February 2017
- Dynamite now craftable from backpack (takes one Aluminium)
- New dynamite art, fx, audio
- Dynamite can now be used to destroy base buildings and other objects
- Added character idle animations
- Added 9 new discoverable wrecks, including their collectible items within
- Additional organic research (Artifacts) items added
- Updated Dropship model art
- Updated RCS thruster effects for Dropship
- Updated model art for Trade platform
- Updated model and FX art for Smelter
- Added new refinery / smelter audio
- Added sandboxing of saved games when running the Steam Experimental branch.
- Improved game pad support on launch menu
- Performance improvement: Added a system for fully despawning decorator sets as you move away from them.
- Slight GPU performance improvement to terrain (use 16 bit indices)
- Researching an item when you have already researched all recipes will no longer "use up" that item in regards to when future updates add new recipes.
- It will now also give you a resource.
- Fixed several issues with how decorator states were saved and restored.
- Fixed race condition causing occasional anomalous terrain generation.
- Seed fixes, including shift-click issue and seeds growing in backpack
- Fix save game issue where conduits don't attach after saving a leaf and building platform
- Fix save game issue where conduits nubs don't disappear after a save game and using dynamite on the leaf
- Updated oxygen tank fill looping sound. Fixed Xbox bug that caused it to play at full volume.
||21st January 2017
- Cross-play multiplayer between Xbox One and Windows 10 Store PC versions now works!
- Fix up the way that objects with research items get dug up. You can now kill hazards without uncovering their buried research item.
- Make spikers destroy after a bit when you dig them up.
- Spikers can be jumped on without hurting you, like that jellyfish scene from Finding Nemo.
- Improve the distance at which objects have physics, allowing (for example) zebra balls to roll further from player
- Fix the disappearance of vehicles and items, particularly when frame rates are low.
- A couple surprises you'll have to discover.
||9th January 2017
- Fix four major crashes including one that could prevent saves from loading, and one that could occur on MP join.
- Fix issue where some unburied discoveries would not simulate physics after reloading a save.
- Fix very bad performance when training together many rovers or trucks.
- Fix trade module save behavior. All existing lost trade ships in save games should return to earth (possibly after doing the wrong trade, but all new saves will work properly)
- Bring in physics freeze distance by a bit, reducing incidence of cases where objects fall through ground. (More improvements incoming).
||29th December 2016
- Ensure that players joining a Steam MP session are friends with someone currently in session.
- Fix for client Condenser exploit that would allow player to take unfilled fuel canister.
- Fix for research item exploit where player could save game after getting item, and reload.
- Fix for clients not seeing correct light and oxygen state on tethers.
- Fix for clients being unable to hear anything in SFX category of sounds.
- Don't allow player to enter vehicles while interacting/holding anything else.
- Updated the bones discoveries so they have random orientation to terrain.
- Updated the Disovery version of Geysers to not include snapping points.
||22nd December 2016
- Fix invert Y for gamepad applying to cursor motion
- Controls screen accessed from pause menu now correctly displays controller buttons when using controller.
- Fix host's gamepad cursor becoming bugged when a client joins
- Fix ability to pick yourself up while in a seat, and being unable to leave seat.
- Fix bug where after loading a save, unplaced dropships would freak out.
- Add ability to enter seat even when it's detached from a vehicle
- Add ability to sit in a dropship while mounted on a vehicle
- Fix exploit allowing player to trade for infinite resources by thieving the item like a pirate while launching
- Fix bug that would not allow a full oxygen tank to save an Astroneer from suffocating
- Double power requirement and production time of Condenser
- Fix bug allowing player to make building platforms after a conduit hub has already been branched.
- Fix algorithm that picks the height of new base platforms, so that flat terrain makes flat base
- Fix issue where resources hover out of backpack on loading save 
- Fix Popper hazards spawning new research items on save load 
- Likely fix for client being unable to click launch buttons with mouse 
||20th December 2016
- Fixed deadlock causing freezes on many people's machines, especially those with dual core CPUs.
- Fixed 10 different crash issues affecting save reloads, multiplayer joins, and general gameplay.
- Decreased performance impact of distant objects.
- Fixed certain performance problems that appear after loading a save.
- Optimized tether networks to significantly improve framerate performance.
- Tethers now go dark when disconnected from their sources.
- Properly disabled VR plugins.
||16th December 2016
- Game goes to unplayable framerate upon going underground. Seems an issue with computing reverb on certain hardware. We've disabled reverb for now and will investigate later.
- Fix for 100% crash for users with Intel Core2 Duo and Core2 Quad processors.
- Fix for SteamVR launching alongside the game. We don't have VR support!