Version release notes tracking the Steam version. (It is unknown if the Xbox and Windows 10 version numbers are consistent)
|| Release Date
|| Version notes
||16th February 2017
- Dynamite now craftable from backpack (takes one Aluminium)
- New dynamite art, fx, audio
- Dynamite can now be used to destroy base buildings and other objects
- Added character idle animations
- Added 9 new discoverable wrecks, including their collectible items within
- Additional organic research (Artifacts) items added
- Updated Dropship model art
- Updated RCS thruster effects for Dropship
- Updated model art for Trade platform
- Updated model and FX art for Smelter
- Added new refinery / smelter audio
- Added sandboxing of saved games when running the Steam Experimental branch.
- Improved game pad support on launch menu
- Performance improvement: Added a system for fully despawning decorator sets as you move away from them.
- Slight GPU performance improvement to terrain (use 16 bit indices)
- Researching an item when you have already researched all recipes will no longer "use up" that item in regards to when future updates add new recipes.
- It will now also give you a resource.
- Fixed several issues with how decorator states were saved and restored.
- Fixed race condition causing occasional anomalous terrain generation.
- Seed fixes, including shift-click issue and seeds growing in backpack
- Fix save game issue where conduits don't attach after saving a leaf and building platform
- Fix save game issue where conduits nubs don't disappear after a save game and using dynamite on the leaf
- Updated oxygen tank fill looping sound. Fixed Xbox bug that caused it top play at full volume.
||21st January 2017
- Cross-play multiplayer between Xbox One and Windows 10 Store PC versions now works!
- Fix up the way that objects with research items get dug up. You can now kill hazards without uncovering their buried research item.
- Make spikers destroy after a bit when you dig them up.
- Spikers can be jumped on without hurting you, like that jellyfish scene from Finding Nemo.
- Improve the distance at which objects have physics, allowing (for example) zebra balls to roll further from player
- Fix the disappearance of vehicles and items, particularly when frame rates are low.
- A couple surprises you'll have to discover.
||9th January 2017
- Fix four major crashes including one that could prevent saves from loading, and one that could occur on MP join.
- Fix issue where some unburied discoveries would not simulate physics after reloading a save.
- Fix very bad performance when training together many rovers or trucks.
- Fix trade module save behavior. All existing lost trade ships in save games should return to earth (possibly after doing the wrong trade, but all new saves will work properly)
- Bring in physics freeze distance by a bit, reducing incidence of cases where objects fall through ground. (More improvements incoming).
||29th December 2016
- Ensure that players joining a Steam MP session are friends with someone currently in session.
- Fix for client Condenser exploit that would allow player to take unfilled fuel canister.
- Fix for research item exploit where player could save game after getting item, and reload.
- Fix for clients not seeing correct light and oxygen state on tethers.
- Fix for clients being unable to hear anything in SFX category of sounds.
- Don't allow player to enter vehicles while interacting/holding anything else.
- Updated the bones discoveries so they have random orientation to terrain.
- Updated the Disovery version of Geysers to not include snapping points.
||22nd December 2016
- Fix invert Y for gamepad applying to cursor motion
- Controls screen accessed from pause menu now correctly displays controller buttons when using controller.
- Fix host's gamepad cursor becoming bugged when a client joins
- Fix ability to pick yourself up while in a seat, and being unable to leave seat.
- Fix bug where after loading a save, unplaced dropships would freak out.
- Add ability to enter seat even when it's detached from a vehicle
- Add ability to sit in a dropship while mounted on a vehicle
- Allow the 2 expansion slots on backpack to use Filters, Tanks, and Tethers
- Fix exploit allowing player to trade for infinite resources by thieving the item like a pirate while launching
- Fix bug that would not allow a full oxygen tank to save an Astroneer from suffocating
- Cut value of Fuel in half on Trade module
- Double power requirement and production time of Condenser
- Fix known physics problems when attaching things to large storage on truck
- Fix bug allowing player to make building platforms after a conduit hub has already been branched.
- Change the Shuttle/Spaceship conduit hub type to the same as the habitat
- Allow Shuttle/Spaceship to reattach to previously created hubs
- Fix algorithm that picks the height of new base platforms, so that flat terrain makes flat bases
- Fix issue where resources hover out of backpack on loading save
- Fix Popper hazards spawning new research items on save load
- Likely fix for client being unable to click launch buttons with mouse
||20th December 2016
- Fixed deadlock causing freezes on many people's machines, especially those with dual core CPUs.
- Fixed 10 different crash issues affecting save reloads, multiplayer joins, and general gameplay.
- Decreased performance impact of distant objects.
- Fixed certain performance problems that appear after loading a save.
- Optimized tether networks to significantly improve framerate performance.
- Tethers now go dark when disconnected from their sources.
- Properly disabled VR plugins.
||18th December 2016
||16th December 2016
- Game goes to unplayable framerate upon going underground. Seems an issue with computing reverb on certain hardware. We've disabled reverb for now and will investigate later.
- Fix for 100% crash for users with Intel Core2 Duo and Core2 Quad processors.
- Fix for SteamVR launching alongside the game. We don't have VR support!