Version release notes tracking the PC version. (Xbox unknown if the version numbers are consistent)
|| Release Date
|| Version notes
- Fix four major crashes including one that could prevent saves from loading, and one that could occur on MP join.
- Fix issue where some unburied discoveries would not simulate physics after reloading a save.
- Fix very bad performance when training together many rovers or trucks.
- Fix trade module save behavior. All existing lost trade ships in save games should return to earth (possibly after doing the wrong trade, but all new saves will work properly)
- Bring in physics freeze distance by a bit, reducing incidence of cases where objects fall through ground. (More improvements incoming).
- Ensure that players joining a Steam MP session are friends with someone currently in session.
- Fix for client Condenser exploit that would allow player to take unfilled fuel canister.
- Fix for research item exploit where player could save game after getting item, and reload.
- Fix for clients not seeing correct light and oxygen state on tethers.
- Fix for clients being unable to hear anything in SFX category of sounds.
- Don't allow player to enter vehicles while interacting/holding anything else.
- Updated the bones discoveries so they have random orientation to terrain.
- Updated the Disovery version of Geysers to not include snapping points.
- Fix invert Y for gamepad applying to cursor motion
- Controls screen accessed from pause menu now correctly displays controller buttons when using controller.
- Fix host's gamepad cursor becoming bugged when a client joins
- Fix ability to pick yourself up while in a seat, and being unable to leave seat.
- Fix bug where after loading a save, unplaced dropships would freak out.
- Add ability to enter seat even when it's detached from a vehicle
- Add ability to sit in a dropship while mounted on a vehicle
- Allow the 2 expansion slots on backpack to use Filters, Tanks, and Tethers
- Fix exploit allowing player to trade for infinite resources by thieving the item like a pirate while launching
- Fix bug that would not allow a full oxygen tank to save an Astroneer from suffocating
- Cut value of Fuel in half on Trade module
- Double power requirement and production time of Condenser
- Fix known physics problems when attaching things to large storage on truck
- Fix bug allowing player to make building platforms after a conduit hub has already been branched.
- Change the Shuttle/Spaceship conduit hub type to the same as the habitat
- Allow Shuttle/Spaceship to reattach to previously created hubs
- Fix algorithm that picks the height of new base platforms, so that flat terrain makes flat bases
- Fix issue where resources hover out of backpack on loading save
- Fix Popper hazards spawning new research items on save load
- Likely fix for client being unable to click launch buttons with mouse
- Fixed deadlock causing freezes on many people's machines, especially those with dual core CPUs.
- Fixed 10 different crash issues affecting save reloads, multiplayer joins, and general gameplay.
- Decreased performance impact of distant objects.
- Fixed certain performance problems that appear after loading a save.
- Optimized tether networks to significantly improve framerate performance.
- Tethers now go dark when disconnected from their sources.
- Properly disabled VR plugins.
- Game goes to unplayable framerate upon going underground. Seems an issue with computing reverb on certain hardware. We've disabled reverb for now and will investigate later.
- Fix for 100% crash for users with Intel Core2 Duo and Core2 Quad processors.
- Fix for SteamVR launching alongside the game. We don't have VR support!