Attachment slots are a circular connection spot on platforms that Objects can be attached to, allowing them to be stored for later use, secured for transportation, or connected to a power network, among other uses.
Tiers[edit | edit source]
- Small, or Tier 1: Small slots are single slots, that can only hold one item. Examples of items that fit in these slots are Resources and Augments.
- Medium, or Tier 2: Medium slots are made of two Small slots connected with a line. These hold larger items that need two slots. Examples being Power items such as RTG or Medium Solar Panel, or a Medium Printer.
- Large, or Tier 3: Large slots are made up of two Medium slots, connected with a line. Larger base building and crafting modules take up Large slots. Examples of items being Smelting Furnace, Large Shredder, or Chemistry Lab.
- Extra Large, or Tier 4: Extra Large slots are made up of two Large slots, connected with a line. These hold the largest items, and are only found on Large Rover, Extra Large Platform A, or Extra Large Platform C.
- Auxiliary Slots: Auxiliary, or Aux, slots, are special slots that are only found on the Backpack. These are the two top slots that are used to hold certain widgets that the player can activate with their context keys (PC: C or V), such as Extenders, a Portable Oxygenator or a Worklight.
- Reaction Slots: These slots appear on a few modules and items, such as the Medium Sensor Arch, Large Sensor Hoop A, Large Sensor Hoop B, Large Sensor Ring and XL Sensor Arch. They act differently than normal Small slots. When a player or certain items pass through the rings or under the arch, it will trigger the slot to activate whichever item is on the slot, such as Fireworks or a Small Camera.
Uses[edit | edit source]
Attachment slots have a few uses in the game. Their main use is for providing power to connected modules, and for helping to expand the player's storage capabilities. If a player wishes to store items without risk of being lost, then holding them in slots will keep the items in place.
Other uses include using reaction slots to play games with friends, or to have races using the reaction slots on Large Sensor Hoop A. Slots on the Terrain Tool can modify how the player interacts with terrain through the use of Augments.