The Terrain Tool can have up to 3 augmentations active at one time. This can be done by attaching augments to the Terrain Tool itself. Any active augments attached to the tool will consume additional power.
List of Augments[edit | edit source]
- Inhibitor Mod: Prevents the Terrain Tool from having any net effect on Terrain, with the added side effect of permitting it to collect ore plants and materials directly off of the surface without cutting into the soil.
- Boost Mod: Increases the speed of the Terrain Tool.
- Narrow Mod: Reduces the terraforming radius.
- Wide Mod: Increases the terraforming radius.
- Alignment Mod: Creates a flat plane that is perpendicular or tangent to the curve of the planet depending on the direction you are looking.
- Terrain Analyzer: Stores Terrain color, and can be used later to paint the terrain with the stored color once the augment's gauge has been filled. Can also be used to Deform/Terraform a set color without affecting other terrain colors. (Example, if using an Analyzer that is filled with "snow" on terrain that is Not "snow", the terrain will not be removed.)
Combinations of Augments[edit | edit source]
Mine resources at high speeds without changing the topography.
- Terrain Analyzer:
- Boost Mod:
- + Wide Mod = Further increase the effective terraforming speed of the Terrain Tool by increasing its radius. Needs to be placed -after- Boost Mod, on the side of the Terrain Tool if possible.
- As of now, attaching multiple augments of the same type does not intensify the effects
- ex: combining two Wide Mods on a terrain tool will not cause the radius to be any larger than if one augment were to be used instead