From Astroneer Wiki
modules that alter the function of any modules they are attached to, such as the Terrain Tool.
The Terrain Tool can have up to 3 augmentations active at one time. This can be done by attaching augments to the Terrain Tool itself. Any active augments attached to the tool will consume additional power.
List of Augments[edit | edit source]
- Inhibitor Mod: Disables the primary function of an object. In the case of the Terrain Tool it prevents the tool from terraforming.
- Boost Mod: Increase the performance of an object. Specifically, in the Terrain Tool, it'll dig out terrain faster at the additional cost of Power
- Narrow Mod: Reduces the terraforming radius.
- Wide Mod: Increases the terraforming radius.
- Alignment Mod: Creates a flat plane that is perpendicular or tangent to the curve of the planet depending on the direction you are looking.
- Terrain Analyzer: Stores terrain color, and can be used later to paint the terrain with the stored color once the augment's gauge has been filled. Can also be used to Deform/Terraform a set color without affecting other terrain colors. (Example, if using an Analyzer that is filled with "snow" on terrain that is Not "snow", the terrain will not be removed.)
Combinations of Augments[edit | edit source]
- Terrain Tool + Inhibitor Mod = Enables the collection of resources without changing the terrain shape
- As of now, attaching multiple augments of the same type does not intensify the effects
- ex: combining two Wide Mods on a terrain tool will not cause the radius to be any larger than if one augment were to be used instead