|Crafted at||Small Printer|
|Byte Cost||3,000 Bytes|
Source[edit | edit source]
|Medium Generator|| Tungsten
Uses[edit | edit source]
- Power Production Rate: 3 Units/s
- One Carbon will fuel the Medium Generator for 100 seconds and produce 300 Units.
Once plugged into a socket on a platform or storage, the generator will convert Carbon over time into Power. The Medium Generator will not slow down Carbon consumption if nothing is available to use the power it makes, so caution should be taken to avoid wasting fuel.
- Comparison with a Small Generator:
- When planning for long trips, Carbon has the highest consumable power yield per single T1 slot of any item in the entire game, with a few exceptions;
- The T2 slot that a Medium Generator necessarily takes up is effectively 8 T1 slots that could be used by a medium storage to hold Organic and Small Generators.
- Consequently, it's possible to carry more energy per storage space used by placing Organic instead of Carbon if space is limited.
- The ratio flips above 12 spaces used; 12 T1 spaces worth of Organic or Carbon produce almost exactly the same amount of power, including the overhead of the space the generator takes up. An easy way to remember is that if you must carry more than 12 Organic for portable power, you will be able to store more total energy by using a Medium Generator instead.
- For longer one-way trips, it might be viable to simply package a Medium Generator back into its original T1 box, or fabricate a new one by bringing materials along.
Media[edit | edit source]