Ammonium + Ammonium + Hydrogen = Hydrazine
Hydrazine is one of the resources in Astroneer. It can be created by combining 2 pieces of Ammonium using Hydrogen as fuel at the Chemistry Lab.
Hydrazine used to be stored in a Canister, and while it retains its old model it currently does not actually need a canister to be stored. A canister for it is generated when crafted in the Chemistry Lab, and will dissapear when used to refuel a Hydrazine Thruster, a Medium Shuttle or a Large Shuttle.
- Hydrazine can be used to fuel a spacecraft for travel, as one tank of it is equal to 2 fuel units.
- Takeoff and Landing each costs 1 fuel unit
- Interplanetary travel each costs 2 fuel units
- It can also fire the Hydrazine Thruster for 10 seconds for each tank of hydrazine
- It can explode with much greater intensity than dynamite. Its explosion creates an expanding blue wave animation, which cannot be seen from dynamite explosions. The hydrazine itself however requires an external trigger aka. the dynamite itself
- Hydrazine is based on a real-life inorganic (i.e. not carbon-based chemical) Hydrazine compound, sometimes used as a rocket fuel, or may be on it's organic derivative UDMH (Unsymmetrical dimethylhydrazine), which is used by Proton rockets, among others.
- Hydrazine might make a comeback for being tradable, and on the other side it'll also start requiring Canister to be crafted beforehand in order to obtain hydrazine
A canister filled with Hydrazine