Hydrazine is a composite resource in Astroneer. It is a pink liquid inside of a Canister, with a pink ring on top to indicate the amount of Hydrazine left. It is the only liquid in the game, and it is also the only composite resource that is not a solid.
Hydrazine is used to craft the following items:
- Despite it appearing unlit in the Chemistry lab panel, a partially used canister can be used to make graphene.
- Hydrazine can be used to fuel a spacecraft for travel using a Hydrazine Thruster. One canister is equal to 8 fuel units.
- Takeoff costs 1 fuel unit.
- Interplanetary travel costs 1 fuel unit.
- Landing does not require fuel.
- A canister of Hydrazine can fire a Hydrazine Thruster for 12.7 seconds when not on a spacecraft.
- A canister of Hydrazine can fuel a single Hydrazine Jet Pack for 96 seconds in total.
- Hydrazine explodes in a greater radius than Dynamite.
- However, to detonate it you need either a nearby explosion or to put it in an active Smelting Furnace.
- Hydrazine used to be stored in a Canister, and while it retains its old model it currently does not actually need a canister to be stored. A canister for it is generated when crafted in the Chemistry Lab, and will disappear when used to fuel a Hydrazine Thruster or craft Graphene in the Chemistry Lab.
- Hydrazine is based on the real-life inorganic (i.e. not carbon-based) compound N2H4, which has historically been used as rocket fuel or as a component of rocket fuel.
- When landing with a shuttle using a Hydrazine Thruster, explosive plants on Atrox may destroy your hydrazine (in backpack or attached to the thruster) and thus disabling further travelling.