Hydrazine is one of the resources in Astroneer. It can be created by combining 2 pieces of Ammonium using Hydrogen as fuel at the Chemistry Lab.
Hydrazine used to be stored in a Canister, and while it retains its old model it currently does not actually need a canister to be stored. A canister for it is generated when crafted in the Chemistry Lab, and will disappear when used to fuel a Hydrazine Thruster or craft Graphene in the Chemistry Lab.\
- Hydrazine = Ammonium + Ammonium + Hydrogen
- Hydrazine can be used to fuel a spacecraft for travel, as one tank of it is equal to 8 fuel units.
- Takeoff costs 1 fuel unit
- Interplanetary travel costs 1 fuel unit
- Landing does not require fuel
- It can also fire the Hydrazine Thruster for 10 seconds for each tank of hydrazine
- It can explode with much greater intensity than dynamite. Its explosion creates an expanding blue wave animation, which cannot be seen from dynamite explosions. The hydrazine itself however requires an external trigger aka. the dynamite itself
- Hydrazine and Graphite make Graphene in the Chemistry Lab
- Hydrazine is based on a real-life inorganic (i.e. not carbon-based chemical) Hydrazine compound, sometimes used as a rocket fuel, or may be on it's organic derivative UDMH (Unsymmetrical dimethylhydrazine), which is used by Proton rockets, among others.
A canister filled with Hydrazine