Ammonium >> Hydrazine
Hydrazine is one of the resources in Astroneer. It can be extracted from Ammonium by the Hydrazine Catalyzer. It can also be generated (slowly) using a Fuel Condenser module.
Similar to Sediment, Hydrazine must be stored in a Canister, due to its liquid properties. However, the canister can be reused, once the hydrazine has been used to refuel a Shuttle.
- Hydrazine can be used to fuel a spacecraft for travel, as one tank of it is equal to 2 fuel units.
- Takeoff and Landing each costs 1 fuel unit
- Interplanetary travel each costs 2 fuel units
- It can also fire the thruster for 10 seconds for each tank of hydrazine
- It can explode with much greater intensity than dynamite. Its explosion creates an expanding blue wave animation, which cannot be seen from dynamite explosions. The hydrazine itself however requires an external trigger aka. the dynamite itself
- Hydrazine is based on a real-life Non-Organic compound, commonly used as a rocket fuel.
- Hydrazine might make a comeback for being tradable, and on the other side it'll also start requiring Canister to be crafted beforehand in order to obtain hydrazine
A canister filled with Hydrazine