The Inhibitor is an Augment, which prevents your Terrain Tool from Deforming (adding/removing) the surface you are using it on.
However, when collecting on a surface with resources on or in it, the resource will collect to a set depth, depending on whether or not you are using the Narrow, or Wide mod. This will not, however, work on resources that require the use of a Drill, i.e. Lithium, or Titanium (currently there is a glitch that does in fact allow this).
It also allows the dislodging of surface rocks, stalagmites and stalactites, and even lets you fight off Arid's tumblespikes without worrying that you might damage the terrains around your base.
- Inhibitor + Terrain Tool = Enables the collection of resources without changing the terrain shape
- + Terrain Analyzer + Add mode = Painting Mode. enables coloring the terrain without Deforming it.
- + Narrow Mod= Precision Painting (small brush size)
- + Wide Mod= Broad Painting (large brush size)
- + Narrow Mod = Allows collection of resources in a much smaller radius
- + Wide Mod = Allows collection of resources in a much larger radius