|Truck (Large Rover)|
|Recipe||2x Aluminum Alloy + 2x Rubber|
|Crafted at||Vehicle Bay|
Though they have a built-in battery, Large Rovers need power to be driven, and function as an unlimited supply of oxygen when the player is in or connected to them.
Utility[edit | edit source]
Consumes 1 bar of power in 4 seconds while driving continuously.
The power storage of a Large Rover holds effectively four bars, meaning it can only be driven without attached power sources for 16 seconds.
Essentials[edit | edit source]
- 1-Seat - Is required to drive the rover
- 3-Seat - allows more passengers in a co-op game, first player to enter the vehicle will be the driver
Power[edit | edit source]
- By Base - via flexible hose that can be extended from any Platform
- By Module - via Power generating module such as, but not limited to: Generators, Solar panels, Wind Turbines
- By Object- via collected Power (resource) or Power Cells
Storage[edit | edit source]
- A large rover comes with four tier-2 attachment slots on its top that can hold 4 medium objects, and the front and the back provide two tier-2 attachment points, which can be used to carry items, or connect to other rovers.
- Medium Storage - Allow carrying more small items on the vehicle such as Resources, use in pair with large storage to maximize space efficiency.
- Large Storage - Each of these doubles attachment points of half the top of the rover or if with 4 medium storage units, 32 small objects
- Medium Battery - Increase power capacity by 64 bars or 256 seconds of continuous driving.
Tools[edit | edit source]
- Crane - Used with a Drill Head for bulk resource collection
- Winch - Allow rover to tow other vehicle and large objects from further
Hauling and Trains[edit | edit source]
Like Medium Rovers, Large Rovers can be tethered together to form "Trains".
There are limitations how big a train can be based on the number of vehicles and/or how full they are. The more vehicles or the more stuff is loaded onto them, the slower they go, up to the point where they can no longer climb small rises or even move at all.
A Large rover is capable of:
- Pulling 3 loaded large rovers
- Pulling 5 loaded medium rovers
Other Uses[edit | edit source]
- Large Rovers can link the power grids of base camps. As of alpha testing this confirmed as two grids, but with adequate power sources in each base camp's grid, more may be possible.
- Large Rovers can supply unlimited air and have attachment slots for supplies, so they can be used as general storage and function like temporary camps while exploring.
- If you're in a drivers seat, debris from storms can't hurt you, which can make a vehicle a viable hiding place to wait out dangerous storms. As a precaution, note that vehicles do not auto-brake when a player is stationed in a chair on them.
- A double large storage Large Rover can be used for mass storage of material or as a mobile energy buffer if filled with Medium Batteries or power generators.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Include some quartz in your toolkit; if the Large Rover is already full, then having quartz allows you to quickly make a beacon to mark where resources or scavenged items are left behind to be collected later.
- Even if the large rover have no available slots on the top, you can still drive with the seat attached to the front or the back. (Note: this info relevant to the Basebuilding update or later updates)
Media[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]