|This article may need cleanup to meet quality standards.
Please help Discussion page may contain suggestions.
Please help if you can. The Discussion page may contain suggestions.
Modules are one of the main categories of physical, interactive objects in Astroneer. Modules include all functional and attachable objects that help the player and perform some function. Some modules must be built on a platform or a vehicle, and not all modules are available from the beginning. To unlock new modules, players have to perform research. Some objects, like tethers, function differently from a module, because they do not require attachment slots in order to function. Those are called Deployables.
Tier 1[edit | edit source]
Widgets[edit | edit source]
Widgets are Small modules that can be carried in the backpack and generally have some manner of active behavior when plugged into a widget-compatible slot. Some widgets can only function if they are placed in one of the backpack's Widget Slots, like the shoulders or on the Terrain Tool.
Function with the Widget slot[edit | edit source]
- Small Solar Panels: Generates power in direct sunlight at 0.5A.
- Small Wind Turbine:Generates power depending on location and wind, at 0.5A.
Function on any slot[edit | edit source]
- Small Battery: Batteries store 2 Columns, or 8 Bars of power.
- Small Oxygen Tank: Stores Oxygen automatically, effectively expanding the oxygen reserve.
- Power Cells: Generates 12 Bars of power before disappearing completely.
- Oxygen Filters: Provides extra oxygen for a limited amount of time.
- Small Generator: The Generator consumes Organic material to produce a constant 1.0A of power. Can be activated or deactivated as necessary by hovering over and holding F.
- Portable Oxygenator: Creates oxygen at the cost of energy (a full tank will consume 10 bars of power, all the power the backpack can hold)
- Worklight: Generates light (no longer consumes energy).
Items[edit | edit source]
- Power Cells
- Oxygen Filters
Augments[edit | edit source]
The Terrain Tool can have up to 3 augmentations active at one time. This can be done by attaching augments to the Terrain Tool itself. Any active augments attached to the tool will consume additional power.
List of Augments[edit | edit source]
- Inhibitor Mod: Prevents the Terrain Tool from having any net effect on Terrain, with the added side effect of permitting it to collect ore plants and materials directly off of the surface without cutting into the soil.
- Boost Mod: Increases the speed of the Terrain Tool.
- Narrow Mod: Reduces the terraforming radius.
- Wide Mod: Increases the terraforming radius.
- Alignment Mod: Creates a flat plane that is perpendicular or tangent to the curve of the planet depending on the direction you are looking.
- Terrain Analyzer: Stores Terrain color, and can be used later to paint the terrain with the stored color once the augment's gauge has been filled. Can also be used to Deform/Terraform a set color without affecting other terrain colors. (Example, if using an Analyzer that is filled with "snow" on terrain that is Not "snow", the terrain will not be removed.)
- Drill Mods - 1 - 2 - 3: Each successive drill mod level allows the player to deform harder terrain with their terrain tool, including resources within that terrain. If the current drill mod level is not sufficient, the terrain will deform very slowly and sparks will appear around the deformed area, indicating to the player that they need a higher level of drill mod.
Tier 2[edit | edit source]
Buildable at Small Printer[edit | edit source]
- Medium Storage: Stores up to 8 Tier-1 Objects
- Medium Solar Panel: Generate Power from sunlight
- Medium Wind Turbine: Generate Power from the wind
- Medium Generator: Generate Power from Carbon
- Rover Seat: Player can drive vehicles using this
- Drill Strength 1: Excavate terrain when paired with the Crane, Tractor, Medium Rover or Large Rover
- Drill Strength 2: Excavate terrain when paired with the Crane, Tractor, Medium Rover or Large Rover
- Drill Strength 3: Excavate terrain when paired with the Crane, Tractor, Medium Rover or Large Rover
- Winch: Pulls large otherwise immovable objects
- Solid-Fuel Thruster: Used on a Shuttle to allow the player to travel between planets, has four uses
- Hydrazine Thruster: Used on a Shuttle to allow the player to travel between planets, has eight uses per can of Hydrazine
- Medium shredder: recycles tier-1 items to Scrap.
- Oxygenator Produces oxygen which can be transferred using Tethers.
Tier 3[edit | edit source]
Buildable at Medium Printer[edit | edit source]
- Atmospheric Condenser: Generates Atmospheric Recources using power
- Soil Centrifuge: Extracts certain Resources from soil
- Medium Printer: Fabricates most of the Medium Tier Modules
- Research Chamber: Unlocks new schematics out of Artifacts
- Smelting Furnace: Refine raw materials into its refined forms
- Trade Platform: Trades resources into another
- Chemistry Lab converts resources to alloys and other
- Large Shredder: recycles tier-1 and tier-2 items to scrap.
- Large Platform A hold 1 tier-3 module (or 2 tier-2 module, or 4 tier-1)
- Large Platform B hold 1 tier-3 module + 2 tier-2 module (or + holds 4 tier-1)
- Large Platform C hold 1 tier-3 module + holds 8 tier-1, not compatible tier-2
- Large Storage: Provides attachment slots for up to four Tier-2 objects
- Crane: When paired with Drill Head, capable of excavating terrains at a rapid pace
- Large Rover Seat: Carries 3 passengers
- Large Shuttle Seat: Carries 3 passengers
Tier 4[edit | edit source]
Buildable at Large Printer[edit | edit source]