Modules are one of the main categories of physical, interactive objects in Astroneer. Modules include all functional and attachable objects that help the player and perform some function. Some modules must be built on a platform or a vehicle, and not all modules are available from the beginning. To unlock new modules, players have to perform research. Some objects, like tethers, function differently from a module, because they do not require attachment slots in order to function. Those are called Deployables.
Tier 1[edit | edit source]
Widgets[edit | edit source]
Widgets are Small modules that can be carried in the backpack and generally have some manner of active behavior when plugged into a widget-compatible slot. Some widgets can only function if they are placed in one of the backpack's Widget Slots, like the shoulders or on the Terrain Tool.
Function With the Widget slot[edit | edit source]
- Small Solar Panels: Solar Panels generate power in direct sunlight at 0.5A.
- Wind Vane: Wind Vanes generate power depending on location and wind, at 0.5A.
- Worklight: Generates light (no longer consumes energy).
Function on any slot[edit | edit source]
- Small Battery: Batteries store 2 Columns, or 8 Bars of power.
- Small Oxygen Tank: Stores Oxygen automatically, effectively expanding the oxygen reserve.
- Power Cells: Generates 12 Bars of power before disappearing completely
- Oxygen Filters: Provides extra oxygen for a limited amount of time.
- Small Generator: The Generator consumes Organic material to produce a constant 1.0A of power. Can be activated or deactivated as necessary by hovering over and holding E.
Items[edit | edit source]
Augments[edit | edit source]
The Terrain Tool can have up to 3 augmentations active at one time. This can be done by attaching augments to the Terrain Tool itself. Any active augments attached to the tool will consume additional power.
List of Augments[edit | edit source]
- Inhibitor Mod: Prevents the Terrain Tool from having any net effect on Terrain, with the added side effect of permitting it to collect ore plants and materials directly off of the surface without cutting into the soil.
- Boost Mod: Increases the speed of the Terrain Tool.
- Narrow Mod: Reduces the terraforming radius.
- Wide Mod: Increases the terraforming radius.
- Alignment Mod: Creates a flat plane that is perpendicular or tangent to the curve of the planet depending on the direction you are looking.
- Terrain Analyzer: Stores Terrain color, and can be used later to paint the terrain with the stored color once the augment's gauge has been filled. Can also be used to Deform/Terraform a set color without affecting other terrain colors. (Example, if using an Analyzer that is filled with "snow" on terrain that is Not "snow", the terrain will not be removed.)
Tier 2[edit | edit source]
Buildable at Small Printer[edit | edit source]
- Habitat: Player can expand their base to another location or planet using this module
- Medium Storage: Stores up to 8 Tier-1 Objects
- Medium Solar Panel: Generate Power from sunlight
- Medium Wind Turbine: Generate Power from the wind
- Medium Generator: Generate Power from Carbon
- Rover Seat: Player can drive vehicles using this
- Drill Head: Excavate terrains when paired with Crane or Large Rover
- Winch: Pulls large otherwise immovable objects
- Hydrazine Thruster: Consumes Hydrazine to give vehicle directional control
- Medium shredder: recycles tier-1 items to scrap.
Tier 3[edit | edit source]
Buildable at Medium Printer[edit | edit source]
- Atmospheric Condenser: Generates Atmospheric Recources using power
- Soil Centrifuge: Extracts certain Resources from soil
- Printer: Fabricates most of the Medium Tier Modules
- Research: Unlocks new schematics out of Artifacts
- Smelting Furnace: Refine raw materials into its refined forms
- Trade Platform: Trades resources into another
- Vehicle Bay: Fabricates Vehicles and its attachments
- Chemistry Lab converts resources to alloys and other
- Large shredder: recycles tier-1 and tier-2 items to scrap.
- Large Platform A hold 1 tier-3 module (or 2 tier-2 module, or 4 tier-1)
- Large Platform B hold 1 tier-3 module + 2 tier-2 module (or + holds 4 tier-1)
- Large Platform C hold 1 tier-3 module + holds 8 tier-1, not compatible tier-2
Buildable at Vehicle Bay[edit | edit source]
- Large Storage: Provides attachment slots for up to four Tier-2 objects
- Crane: When paired with Drill Head, capable of excavating terrains at a rapid pace
- Large Rover Seat: Carries 3 passengers
Tier 4[edit | edit source]
Buildable at Vehicle Bay[edit | edit source]