|Release Date||January 19, 2021|
|Official Notes||Official Patch Notes|
|Previous Patch||Patch 1.17.88|
- 1 Updates
- 2 Bug Fixes
Updates[edit | edit source]
Astropedia Changes and Improvements[edit | edit source]
Astropedia Quick Access: A number of objects in the game now have quick access to relevant Astropedia information. When viewing a tooltip of one of these items, long press to open the Astropedia. These items include:
- All ingredient holograms.
- Planets in the shuttle view.
- Pieces of debris.
Updated Astropedia Information: Numerous Astropedia pages have been added or updated with more relevant information.
Added Pages[edit | edit source]
- Automation Items (Auto Arm, Auto Extractor, and Canisters)
- Logic Items (Sensors, Motion Sensors, and Repeaters)
- Alternate Crafting Modules (Soil Centrifuge, Shredders, and Trade Platform)
Updated Pages[edit | edit source]
- All Planet pages have been given an update, giving more information about resources available on that planet and where to find them.
- All Resource pages have been updated to give more information on how to acquire each of the resources (locations, modules, etc).
Emote Selection Wheel[edit | edit source]
A new selection UI has been added for emotes. The new UI provides a visual preview of each assigned emote, and paves the way for more than four assignable emotes in the future. It also gives gamepad users access to a fourth assignable emote at long last!
The wheel is activated with the [G] key on keyboard, or the [D-pad Up] button on gamepad.
Emotes are selected with the [Mouse] or [Right Thumbstick], and activated by clicking with the [Left Mouse Button] or [Right Trigger], or by releasing the emote wheel key/button while an emote is selected.
Astroneer's Second Anniversary[edit | edit source]
We’re officially two years old this February! To celebrate, players logging in during a particular timeframe will receive a unique party hat. Watch our socials for more details!
Nugget Updates[edit | edit source]
Visually upgraded resource nuggets, with the potential for performance improvements
EXO OUTFITTERS[edit | edit source]
New items available now!
New Emotes[edit | edit source]
- Make Some Noise! Emote
- Mind Blown Emote
- Applause Emote
- Giddy Clapping Emote
New Hat[edit | edit source]
- Orbital Headlamp Hat
New Mask[edit | edit source]
- R.S.V.P Mask
New Palettes[edit | edit source]
- Glitterati Palette
- Evening Attire Palette
- Arcadia Palette
New Visors[edit | edit source]
- Disco Fever Visor
- Blackout Visor
Bug Fixes[edit | edit source]
The following bugs have been fixed as of version 184.108.40.206:
Automation[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue where printers were not auto-pulling resources directly from canisters and crafting modules on the same platform
- Fixed an issue where auto arms were not placing resources onto printers
Catalog[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue where the Catalog descriptions for items exclusive to Creative Mode were incorrectly cased
Multiplayer[edit | edit source]
- Fixed a bug where the EXO Dynamics Outreach Participant and Let Me Borrow This Just a Second achievements were not unlocking when earned on Dedicated Servers
- Fixed a bug in multiplayer where clients would continue to hear printer sound effects if they left the area before the printer finished printing
- Fixed bug in multiplayer where the client would never hear sound effects for the worklight when it was turned on or off.
Localization[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue in the Resources section of Astropedia where text boxes would overlap resource images in some languages (German, Dutch, Japanese).