Power Cells are a consumable power source. Once crafted, they provide power to whatever they are attached to. Once all 8 cells are depleted, the Power Cells will be destroyed.
- Power Cells are actually a set of 8 cells that contain 2 units of power each (total of 16 units or the equivalent of 4 bars).
- Whenever your character is consuming power, it will drain the Power Cells first. Once the Power Cells have been depleted they will be consumed.
- Its main function is to provide an emergency supply of power when the player's vehicle is stranded.
- Power Cells are an easy way to supplement power when you have a surplus of Compound.
- Alternatively, the Power Cells can be added to any open slot on your base.
In the Basebuilding Update, Power Cells were broken, and acted as a small RTG, giving a small amount of infinite power. This means that you could power your rovers indefinitely.