From Astroneer Wiki
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Power Cells are crafted using the backpack and require 1x Zinc.
Usage[edit | edit source]
- Power Cells contain 1.5x as much power as a Small Battery.
- Power Cells cannot be recharged, and instead evaporate once depleted.
- In total, Power Cells hold 12 Bars, enough to fill one and a half Small Batteries.
- Power Cells discharge at 1A, a power rate that fills one Bar every four seconds.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Power Cells are traditionally reserved as a backup power source for emergencies, due to the relative abundance of Compound on Terran and ease of production in the Soil Centrifuge.
- On a similar note, Power Cells cannot be crafted if the backpack's power is empty, even if attached Small Batteries are not depleted.
- Power Cells discharge to the player's backpack automatically if it isn't already full.
- Due to their small size and relatively high energy density, a single power cell can fuel a Small Rover for more than half an hour. They aren't useless on Medium Rovers, either.
Small Tier (Resources, Items, and Widgets) Widgets Items Augments