Researching is an important mechanic in Astroneer, as the player is required to unlock new schematics in order to make progress. Repeated researches performed upon research items or some resources. conducting research results in the gaining of Bytes which are then spent on schematics.
How to Research (step by step)[edit | edit source]
- Schematics are unlocked by spending Bytes
- Bytes are acquired through research on the Research Chamber
- Most items in the game are re-searchable including refined metals, ores, organic, etc.
- Specific research items can be found throughout the world
- Specific types of research items include: Artificial, Rock, Organic, etc. each containing different range of byte(s)
- Small Resources can also be researched for a smaller amount of bytes (with an exception for Titanium)
- Different items have different maximum research speeds
- Research speed (in Bytes/minute) increases with more power until it reaches the item's maximum research speed
- It cost a total of over 100,000 Bytes to research every tech currently in-game
- The Backpack includes a research catalog that can be used to purchase Schematics
- Different schematics cost different amount of bytes, ranging from 30 to 8,000 bytes
- Purchased schematics will be unlocked for all players within the server permanently