|This article may need cleanup to meet quality standards.
Please help Discussion page may contain suggestions.
Please help if you can. The Discussion page may contain suggestions.
Researching is an important mechanic in Astroneer, as the player is required to unlock new schematics in order to make progress. Research can be performed on research items and some resources. Conducting research yields Bytes which are then spent on schematics.
Tips for Researching[edit | edit source]
- Schematics are unlocked by spending Bytes in the Research Catalog (default Tab key).
- Bytes are acquired through research on the Research Chamber or by activating Research Samples.
- Research Samples can be placed in a Research Chamber, for approximately 3 times more bytes, but at a low bytes/second rate.
- Most Resources in the game are research-able including refined metals, ores, organic, etc. See the Resource table for the research values.
- Specific Research Items can be found throughout the world.
- Specific types of research items include: Technology, Mineral and Organic, with each containing different range of byte(s).
- Different items have different maximum research speeds.
- Research speed (in Bytes/minute) increases with more power until it reaches the item's maximum research speed.
- On the starting planet, Resources tend to be more productive than Research Items.
- There is a total cost of 125,550 Bytes to research every Schematic currently in-game.