Resources are the raw materials collected by Astroneers in order to create and fuel items, objects, and vehicles. Resources vary in rarity, with some occurring naturally in great quantity on a planet's surface; some appearing only on specific kinds of planets or deep below the surface; and yet others that don't occur naturally at all and must be either found as part of a discovery or traded for using a Trade Platform.
Harvesting[edit | edit source]
Naturally occurring resources, found in deposits on or below a planet's surface, can be excavated with tools like the Terrain Tool or Drill Head. This will break the deposits apart and collect the resource into portable items, often called "stacks." Some of these resources are harvested in an unrefined form and need to be smelted using the Smelting Furnace before they can be used, such as Laterite (which smelts into Aluminum) and Malachite (which smelts into Copper). Oxygen, Power, Resin, and Compound used to be found in spires, which were removed in 0.4.10221.0. Oxygen and Power were also found in small deposits across cave walls, before they were removed entirely in version 0.10.1.0.
Extracting[edit | edit source]
- Main Article: Soil Centrifuge
While using the Terrain Tool to dig out Terrain, any canisters will be used to store the excess Soil. By using the Soil Centrifuge, it is possible to extract certain resources directly from canisters filled with soil. These resources include: Resin, Compound, Organic, Clay, Quartz, Graphite, and Ammonium.
Trading[edit | edit source]
- Main Article: Trade Platform
Once researched and built, the Trade Platform is an excellent way to procure specific resources by trading scrap for what you need. The rarer the resource, the more value it is prescribed at the Trade Platform, and the more you are able to get in exchange for it. Scrap is an easy way to obtain lots of resources, thanks to the abundance provided by throwing salvageable parts into the Large or Medium Shredder.
Discoveries[edit | edit source]
Resource Lists[edit | edit source]
Natural Resource[edit | edit source]
The following resources are found on all planets:
The following resources are found on specific planets:
Refined Resource[edit | edit source]
- Aluminum: Refined from Laterite
- Carbon: Refined from Organic
- Ceramic: Refined from Clay
- Copper: Refined from Malachite
- Glass: Refined from Quartz
- Iron: Refined from Hematite
- Titanium: Refined from Titanite
- Tungsten: Refined from Wolframite
- Zinc: Refined from Sphalerite
Atmospheric Resource[edit | edit source]
This table lists the part per unit (PPU) the player may get on a planet of each atmospheric resource. A higher PPU will result in a shorter harvesting time.
Composite Resources[edit | edit source]
- Aluminum Alloy = Aluminum + Copper
- Diamond = Graphene + Graphene
- Explosive Powder = Carbon + Carbon + Sulfur
- Hydrazine = Ammonium + Ammonium + Hydrogen
- Graphene = Graphite + Hydrazine
- NanoCarbon Alloy = Titanium Alloy + Steel + Helium
- Plastic = Carbon + Compound
- Rubber = Organic + Resin
- Silicone = Resin + Quartz + Methane
- Steel = Iron + Carbon + Argon
- Titanium Alloy = Titanium + Graphene + Nitrogen
- Tungsten Carbide = Tungsten + Carbon
Other[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]