Shuttles are a type of vehicle in Astroneer. They allow the player to travel to different Planets within the Astroneer solar system. There are three different sizes of Shuttle which the player can create:
Uses[edit | edit source]
- Travel to other Planets
- Travel to other landing zones on the same planet
- Provides Oxygen to players in range, and to tethers with an Oxygenator connected
Space Flight[edit | edit source]
Shuttles need to have either a Solid-Fuel Thruster or a Hydrazine Thruster with Hydrazine to be able to launch and fly to other planets. To use the thrusters they need enough fuel to be able to travel.
Fuel is used for the following:
- Taking off from a planet
- Travelling to another planet
Landing on a planet is free, and requires no fuel.
Solid-Fuel Thrusters have 4 uses, and will break on the fourth use.
To enter the shuttle, press the Use key (default F)
To take off, press one of the context keys (C or V by default). The shuttle will launch into orbit of the planet, allowing the player to land on one of the available Landing Zones, or by pressing the context key again, view the solar system.
Clicking on another planet will then launch the player to that planet and show the orbit view.
Players on console will need to activate the cursor in order to select a landing zone or planet to travel to.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- A shuttle cannot land on a Landing Zone which is occupied by another shuttle.
- Shuttles require a clear sky over the shuttle to be able to launch. It is not possible to launch from underground.
- A Beacon is a good item for a player to bring to help mark the landing zone to be able to easily get back to that location in the future.
- When using a Solid-Fuel Thruster, taking off from the planet consumes one use even if the player lands on the same world again. This can leave players without enough fuel to complete a round trip, unnecessarily prolonging their journeys.
- With a supply of Hydrazine, space travel becomes easy for the player using a Hydrazine Thruster.