The Small Solar Panel is one of the Solar panels in Astroneer as well as a power source. It can be placed on a Platform, Vehicle, or the player's backpack. As expected, it only works during the daytime. It is smaller than the Solar Panel. At night, the small solar panel orients itself completely upward (or perpendicular to its slots). During the daytime, it will orient itself automatically toward the sun (if possible). When placed on the ground, it will create a small platform.
- Small Solar Panel = Copper
- Power Production Rate: 0.5 Amp(s).
- A Small Solar Panel will fill one bar of battery in 8 seconds.
- A Small Solar Panel produces the same as a Small Wind Turbine.
- It is 2x more power and space efficient to fill a Medium Storage with eight Small Solar Panel than to use a single Medium Solar Panel on a T2 slot. However, if the Storage is not flattened only half of the panels will receive sunlight.
- As of the 0.6.5 release, Small Solar Panels can be placed on the ground and attached individually to any object with a port connection.
A small solar panel and a (regular) Solar Panel for comparison.
A small solar panel in one of the side slots of the backpack.