The Small Wind Turbine is a smaller version of the Medium Wind Turbine. The Small Wind Turbine is a widget and a power source that can be placed on a Platform, Vehicle, or on the utility slots of an Astroneer's Backpack. The Small Wind Turbine will only produce power while in windy weather.
The Small Wind Turbine will create a Small Platform under it when placed by itself.
- Power Production Rate: 0.5 Units/s
- A Small Wind Turbine will fill one bar of battery in 8 seconds.
- A Small Wind Turbine produces the same as a Small Solar Panel.
- It is 4x more power and space efficient to fill a Medium Storage with eight Small Wind Turbines than to use a single Medium Wind Turbine on a T2 slot. The only downside is it requires seven more Glass and an additional two Resin. This is useful for rovers, where space is at a premium.
- In Early Access, the Small Wind Turbine was previously named Wind Vane.
Small Wind Turbine next to a Medium Wind Turbine
Small Wind Turbine in a player's widget slot