The Soil Centrifuge is a module which extracts resources from Terrain collected via the Canister. Currently, it can only filter normal Soil, but the developers stated that they are working on different types of Sediments.
- Power Consumption Rate: 4 Units/s
There are two specific functions of the Soil Centrifuge:
- Soil Storage: A total of 2 tanks of Soil can be stored within the extractor's tank.
- Only a maximum of 8 resources can be extracted per operation.
- Extraction of resources:
- Extracted resources can be used to gain Scrap. Smelting Clay into Ceramic and creating Drill Mod 1, nets 6 items, each of which is worth 0.5 Scrap, with the net result of 3 Scrap per two canisters of Soil.
- The most efficient way to get Bytes using the Soil Centrifuge is by smelting Clay into Ceramic and researching the Ceramic in a Research Chamber.
- Before the Crafting Update, the Soil Centrifuge could create any resource, but a piece of it had to be provided first (presumably to give incentive to players to travel to other planets, rather than just synthesizing resources on the starting planet). The soil storage tank could also hold more than two canisters of soil but it could not be used until the first two full canisters were synthesized.
- It was previously called the Mineral Extractor.
Experimental version of the Mineral Extractor, previously referred as sediment processor
The pre-basebuilding update version of the mineral extractor
Mineral Extractor (pre-crafting update)