From Astroneer Wiki
Quick note! if there's more than 20 lines on the update, please do only include the UPDATE parts, cause it'll make the front page look pretty weird when too much is added.
Name: Rover Update
Release Date: 8th May 2018
- The Small Rover has been added to the game.
- Absolute Steering has been implemented for vehicles.
- The physics model for Rovers has been overhauled.
- Certain items attached to the Auxiliary Slots on vehicles can now be activated by pressing the Contextual Buttons
- The Thruster has been revised to work better with Rovers.
- The research cost and recipe of the Medium Rover has been adjusted.
- The built-in batteries on the Medium and Large Rover have been tuned to require more active power sources.
- We have made a number of improvements to performance on both PC and Xbox, particularly targeting very large save files and multiplayer games.
- HDR (Xbox One X and Xbox One S consoles can now play the game in HDR.)
- Other Improvements
- The ‘Flatten Mode’ on the Terrain Tool has been adjusted to provide more consistent results at any angle.
- Additional Quick Help screens have been added to the game to help you after the initial Tutorial experience. Press F1 on your keyboard or the Menu button on your gamepad to check them out!