From Astroneer Wiki
Release Date: 15th September 2017
- Added the Alignment Augment (This new augment creates a flat plane that is perpendicular to the curve of the planet. Unlike the existing Flatten mode, which flattens based on a selected voxel and mimics that angle)
- Changes to tether placement (Pressing the “place tether” button will now place a Tether post at the Astroneer’s feet.)
- Gamepad Control Changes (When using the terrain tool, the camera now defaults to a fixed over-the-shoulder view, and holding LT unlocks the cursor and puts you in the old default mode)
- New sounds and updates to old sounds have been implemented
- Connecting two conduits together now has audio.
- Worklight now has audio
- Vehicle enter and exit animations now have sound effects.
- Beacon audio has been updated
- Fixed a rare crash, that according to engineers was “super weird, and something that should never occur,” involving the game trying to access non-existent Rover wheels.
- Fixed a crash that occurred while trying to change resolution in cases where the settings .ini file had become corrupted.
- Fixed an edge case where the game would crash while unplugging the controller and holding any button.
- Fixed a Multiplayer crash that would occur if a Client player joined a game while the Host was not on Terran.
- Two different actions can no longer be assigned to the same key / button
- Fixed an issue where audio values reset to 0 after changing them during active gameplay, and then terminating the title.
- Fixed an issue on Xbox One where brightness setting temporarily persisted when backing out of the pause menu without selecting 'Apply and Resume.'
- Steam client Options menu text adjusts more elegantly to changing window sizes or resolutions (except for very small resolutions or unusual window shapes).
- Changes to Options menu now persist between sessions on Xbox One.
- Fixed an issue in Multiplayer games, where Smelter audio loop continued playing for the Client player.
- Fixed an issue where the Heartbeat audio loop continuously played after returning to main menu.
- Fixed an issue on Xbox One where players would respawn partially underground after dying by falling
- Reintroduced the plumbline to Beacons
- Fixed an issue where items would go on a beautiful journey into space if not collected from an dead Astroneer before a second death occurs.
- Fixed a major issue where saves were disappearing on Xbox/Win10
- Fixed a bug that was causing Rovers to fall through the world when loading into a saved game
- Astroneers should no longer get stuck inside base modules as they are being built.
- Fixed a bug where Tethers were not auto-highlighting for selection when playing with a controller.