|Day/Night Cycle||10 Minutes|
Terran is the starting planet in Astroneer. It's the only planet with a moon, Barren. The surface of the planet contains plenty of Compound, Resin, Organic, and if lucky enough, Ammonium, while the cavern area of this planet provides an adequate amount of Laterite and Malachite, as well as plentiful Ammonium. The storm on planet is relatively rare and Power generation on Terran is balanced enough for the player to effectively use the Solar Panel, Wind Turbine, and Small Generator. However, due to its lack of coal, you should not use a Medium Generator.
The time it takes for a day/night cycle to pass is exactly 10 minutes.
An anonymous player estimates that the gravity of Terran is about 0.8988 m/s².
Resources[edit | edit source]
- Extremely Rare
- Grassy Patch: Has a large amount of organic resources laying around ready to be harvested, it is difficult to find Research Item around here.
- Exotic Garden: Very rare, Small area that spawns exotic plants and its own Research items.
- Flatlands: Flat and rocky area, great for building bases, Research Items are, if lucky, relatively common. Otherwise, frequent trips to Green Earth are necessary. Organic resources are fairly common. Resin and compound are common here.
- Towering Forest: Very tall trees occasionally appear, and a good amount of Research Items can be collected from here. Great starting area for new players.
- Mountains: Extreme terrain zone, Power generation from Wind Turbines seems to works very well here.
- Green Earth: The underground layer of Terran, named after its dark green appearance. Hazardous Flora such as Spikers and Exploders appear commonly in here. Despite being underground, one may occasionally find windy weather and the Storm here (as of 0.8).