|Day/Night Cycle||10 Minutes|
Terran is the starting planet in Astroneer. It's the only planet with a moon, Barren. The surface of the planet contains plenty of Compound, Resin, Organic, and if lucky enough, Ammonium, Quartz, and Clay, while the cavern area of this planet provides an adequate amount of Graphite. Laterite and Malachite, plentiful Ammonium, and, rarely, Titanite and Lithium. Storms on the planet are generally uncommon and occur roughly every 10-15 min but will not necessarily happen in your location but nearby. Power generation on Terran is balanced enough for the player to effectively use the Solar Panel, Wind Turbine, and Small Generator. The Medium Generator is usually not a great option because the Tungsten that is needed to fabricate it isn't a naturally available resource on the planet. However if one manages to get their hands on some then this becomes a much better option than the small generator.
Resources[edit | edit source]
- Grassy Patch: Has a large amount of organic resources laying around ready to be harvested, it is difficult to find Research Items on the surface.
- Exotic Garden: Very rare, Small area that spawns exotic plants and its own Research items.
- Flatlands: Flat and rocky area, great for building bases, Research Items are, if lucky, relatively common. Otherwise, frequent trips to Green Earth are necessary. Organic resources are fairly common. Resin and compound are common here as well.
- Towering Forest: Very tall trees occasionally appear, and a good amount of Research Items can be collected from here. Great starting area for new players.
- Mountains: Extreme terrain zone, Power generation from Wind Turbines seems to works very well here.
- Green Earth: The underground layer of Terran, named after its dark green appearance. Hazardous Flora such as Spikers and Exploders appear commonly in here. Despite being underground, one may occasionally find windy weather and the Storm here (as of 0.8).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- An anonymous player estimates that the gravity of Terran is about 0.8988 m/s², indicating that System Era probably used 1 m/s² in the code.
- The time it takes for a day/night cycle to pass is exactly 10 minutes
- The atmosphere is composed of nitrogen (100ppu), hydrogen (75ppu) and argon (50ppu)