| Day/Night Cycle
|| 10 Minutes
Terran is the starting planet in Astroneer. It's the only planet with a moon, Barren. The surface of the planet contains plenty of Compound, Resin, Organic, and if lucky enough, Hydrazine, while the cavern area of this planet provides an adequate amount of Laterite and Malachite. The storm on planet is relatively rare and Power generation in Terran is balanced enough for the player to effectively use Solar Panel, Wind Turbine, and Organic Generator.
The time it takes for a day/night cycle to pass is exactly 10 minutes.
- Extremely Rare
- Grassy Patch: Has a large amount of organic resources laying around ready to be harvested, it is difficult to find Research Item around here.
- Exotic Garden: Very rare to appear, Small area that spawns exotic plants and its own Research items.
- Flatlands: Flat and rocky area, great for building bases, Research Items and organics resources are rare to be found.
- Towering Forest: Very tall trees occasionally appear, and a good amount of Research Items can be collected from here. Great starting area for new players.
- Mountains: Extreme terrain zone, Power generation from Wind Turbines seems to works very well in here.
- Green Earth: The underground layer of Terran, named after it's dark green appearance. Hazardous Flora such as Spikers and Exploders appear commonly in here.