|| Patch notes
||Early Access (Pre-Alpha)
||28th July 2017
- The effects of storms have now been scaled down. They will still cause things to blow away, but your rovers will now no longer be in perilous danger whenever the wind blows.
- Upon death, ghost Astroneer corpses appear at your base.
- When basebuilding, conduits stray of of their intended path when resin is placed on them
- In MP games, Host players will see worklights illuminated for themselves and Client players, but Client players will not see the light
- Issue where the transform of an object moving into the backpack isn't set correctly, resulting in the item appearing inside the Astroneer
||Early Access (Pre-Alpha)
||21st July 2017
- [AS-1096] - Migrated to Unreal Engine version 4.15.
- [AS-1140] - Fall Damage model been refactored to use fall velocity instead of absolute height values.
- [AS-1190] - A variety of error messages for joining Multiplayer games have been implemented in game and localized in all shipping languages.
- [AS-1194] - Set up headless game server to begin dedicated server implementation.
- [AS-1196] - Worklight object is now available in the build and printable from the backpack.
- [AS-1201] - Distinct Gestures and Idles for Bubble, Pajama, and Bio Suits have been added
- [AS-1203] - Adjusted FX to fire off at the right times during animations.
- [AS-1081] - Implemented basic gameplay telemetry collection.
- The Game no longer triggers an autosave on the first exit from the Dropship.
- Backpack shoulder auxiliary slots can hold arbitrary items again.
- Oxygen tank cost restored to 1 Titanium.
- [AS-1118] - Spikers should once again be visible to Client players in Multiplayer games.
- [AS-1147] - Client players should no longer be generating different terrain than the Host in Multiplayer games.
- [AS-1148] - Fixed a recurring crash during the object update cycle. Object updating is now more efficient.
- [AS-1198] - Full tanks no longer appear empty to Client players in Multiplayer games.
- [AS-1207] - The Smelter will no longer lose resource nuggets if there are no slots available on the module, nuggets will fall to the ground instead.
- [AS-1234] - Fixed an edge-case, but annoying, issue where players are unable to proceed with the game after clicking the take-off button at the end of the landing sequence.
- [AS-1280] - Fixed a crash that occurs when players attempt to load a previously saved game from the Main Menu.
- [AS-1284] - Xbox players should now be able to join a previously suspended online game session.
- [AS-1296] - Fixed a nondeterministic terrain generation issue which resulted in terrain seams around the landing zone.
- Several fixes to the Gravity system should reduce instances of Vehicles and unearthed objects floating away.
- Fixed issue where the Smelter would be restored to a bugged state if the game was saved during the smelting process.
- Fixed issue where the Research Module would be restored to a bugged state if the game was saved at the wrong moment during chest unlock.
- Fixed numerical error buildup in camera system causing jitter and drift.
||Early Access (Pre-Alpha)
||16th June 2017
- Implemented raw logging for join errors in MP games
- Implemented player-facing messages for join errors in MP games
- Rover center of gravity has been lowered, improving handling
- Thrusters are now 10x as fun as they were before
- Sprint can now be toggled on the Xbox GamePad by pressing the left thumbstick
- Fixed an issue where players became stuck inside the Habitat
|26th May 2017
- Steam now automatically uploads crash logs.
- Backpack visual design has been updated and new animations applied.
- Item names have been updated to better reflect their size. (e.g. Medium Rover, Large Rover, etc.).
- Fixed input inconsistencies in the Control Menu.
- When exiting a Shuttle docked at the Vehicle Bay, the Astroneer should no longer become stuck.
- Fixed an issue where certain objects still appeared gray after a saved game was reloaded.
- Fixed an issue with solar panels failing to charge after loading a previously saved game.
- Fixed a minor art overlap with the Research module hologram and research chests.
- Even more rocks now despawn after being dug up.
- Decorators no longer spawn on deformed terrain.
- Vehicles no longer automatically eject Astroneers.
- Decorators now clean up appropriately when a module is built on top of them.
- Fixed an intermittent issue where space station launch buttons would stop working.
- Fixed an issue where Dropships would remain on a planet if a player's game crashes mid-travel.
- Fixed an issue where deform tools would be left behind in saved games that were generated in Multiplayer.
- Smelters no longer generate partial resources.
- Fixed an issue with objects floating as a player moves away from them.
- Gas Bag explosions audio now plays correctly in Multiplayer.
- Fixed issues with the Drill Head that prevented terrain deformation.
- Fixed an issue where Seats printed by the Vehicle Bay could not be removed from Rovers.
- Fixed minor audio issue with the Backpack printer.
- Items ejected from Backpacks can once again be picked up by players in Multiplayer.
- Fixed Winch cable issues in Multiplayer.
- Fixed crashing issues caused by broken landing zones in Multiplayer.
- Fixed several issues where item input indicators were missing in Multiplayer.
- Fix an issue where player color differentiation did not persist after loading a saved game.
- Gas bags in caves now despawn after being destroyed.
|5th May 2017
- Hydrazine can explode!
- Gas hazards now despawn after being uncovered from terrain.
- Improved research curve. Chests of the same type can now be re-researched. (This resolves an issue where some players might never see certain unlocks)
- Added Turkish language to the build.
- Added Early Access/Pre-alpha + Build # to on-screen overlay.
- Fixed an issue causing the occurrence of visible seams in terrain in MP or after save load.
- Improve rover stability in MP so they no longer unrecoverably fly apart.
- Most rocks now despawn after being dug up.
- Fix gamepad camera behavior while in planet navigation.
- Fix incorrect research unlock text.
- Fix ejected resource nuggets being ungrabbable for non-host players.
- Fix various audio cues playing incorrectly in MP.
- Fix power cells not unlocking despite the player receiving an unlock message.
||Early Access (Pre-Alpha)
|21st April 2017
||This update mostly addresses the inability to Print objects or Vehicles after unsuccessfully being rewarded with their blueprints for Researching. There's 2 bug fixes included in this update as well.
- Fix for player color/suits being wrong in MP after Save game is loaded.
- Fix for DEADLY HEAT-SEEKING storm boxes
||Augment & Research Curve Update
|21st April 2017
- Added tool augment system: Augment items can be attached to tools (starting with terrain tool) to upgrade or change behavior
- Terrain tool can now be interacted with when backpack is open in order to slot in augments.
- New unlock-able augment items!
- Terrain analyzer: Collect terrain of a particular material/color until meter is full. Once meter is full, adding terrain will use the equipped color, and subtracting terrain will filter on the equipped color.
- Wide mod: Increases the size of the terrain tool brush while decreasing intensity.
- Narrow mod: Decreases the size of the terrain tool brush while increasing intensity.
- Inhibitor: Shuts down functionality. Applied to terrain tool, turns off adding/subtracting terrain, but maintains color changes and harvesting.
- Complete overhaul of equipment unlock progression. Specific equipment unlocks are now dependent on researching certain types of chests while retaining some randomization.
- Steeper difficulty curve: Fewer types of equipment are available at the beginning of a new game, requiring more chests to be recovered and researched to acquire everything.
- Research chests are less common overall.
- Hydrazine no longer tradeable at trade module.
- Backpack now opens to one side, if space is clear, to support tool interactions, and clear the view ahead.
- Backpack gets illuminated when opened to aid visibility in dark areas.
- Default terrain tool brush size and intensity adjusted.
- Terrain tool now adds grey terrain when no augment mod equipped.
- Terrain brush now indicates color
- Added an interaction indicator between the Astroneer and held items. In multiplayer, the indicators of other players are now visible and receive the accent color of that player.
- Dynamite explosion power and radius now increases when multiple dynamite sticks are packed together.
- Mellowed out camera behavior when backpack or terrain tool is out.
- Updated vehicle code to increase stability.
- Added new VFX for deformations.
- Performance: Several significant improvements to key physics systems to improve CPU perf.
- Bug: Fixed crash on load of some saved games.
- Bug: Fix many objects falling through the world when unattended.
- Bug: Fixed foliage floating in air after dynamite explosion.
- Bug: Fix tethers disappearing on quick-stow if top-left backpack bundle is full.
- Bug: Fix tethers not being place-able while sprinting.
- Bug: Fix Astroneer's head remaining cocked until cursor is moved to a forward position.
- Bug: Fix auxiliary slot items not automatically equipping to backpack auxiliary slots when printed.
- Bug: Fix item unlock messages not replicating to all clients in MP.
- Bug: Fix various MP desync issues.
|17th March 2017
SAVE FILE UX ON SATELLITE MENU
- Can delete saves
- Saves use fixed numbered slots
- Most recent save selected by default
- Disable starting new game when saves full
- Reduced camera auto-adjustment so it interferes less when using gamepad
- Updated attenuation settings on refinery audio. No longer playing as 2d.
- Adjusted the Terrain cursor analog stick motion curve
- Improved physics update efficiency.
- Plant Materials updated to be less GPU intensive.
- Major optimization to base networks and tethers.
- Significantly reduce network bandwidth usage.
|16th February 2017
- Dynamite now craftable from backpack (takes one Aluminium)
- New dynamite art, fx, audio
- Dynamite can now be used to destroy base buildings and other objects
- Added character idle animations
- Added 9 new discoverable wrecks, including their collectible items within
- Additional organic research (Artifacts) items added
- Updated Dropship model art
- Updated RCS thruster effects for Dropship
- Updated model art for Trade platform
- Updated model and FX art for Smelter
- Added new refinery / smelter audio
- Added sandboxing of saved games when running the Steam Experimental branch.
- Improved game pad support on launch menu
- Performance improvement: Added a system for fully despawning decorator sets as you move away from them.
- Slight GPU performance improvement to terrain (use 16 bit indices)
- Researching an item when you have already researched all recipes will no longer "use up" that item in regards to when future updates add new recipes.
- It will now also give you a resource.
- Fixed several issues with how decorator states were saved and restored.
- Fixed race condition causing occasional anomalous terrain generation.
- Seed fixes, including shift-click issue and seeds growing in backpack
- Fix save game issue where conduits don't attach after saving a leaf and building platform
- Fix save game issue where conduits nubs don't disappear after a save game and using dynamite on the leaf
- Updated oxygen tank fill looping sound. Fixed Xbox bug that caused it to play at full volume.
|21st January 2017
- Cross-play multiplayer between Xbox One and Windows 10 Store PC versions now works!
- Fix up the way that objects with research items get dug up. You can now kill hazards without uncovering their buried research item.
- Make spikers destroy after a bit when you dig them up.
- Spikers can be jumped on without hurting you, like that jellyfish scene from Finding Nemo.
- Improve the distance at which objects have physics, allowing (for example) zebra balls to roll further from player
- Fix the disappearance of vehicles and items, particularly when frame rates are low.
- A couple surprises you'll have to discover.
|9th January 2017
- Fix four major crashes including one that could prevent saves from loading, and one that could occur on MP join.
- Fix issue where some unburied discoveries would not simulate physics after reloading a save.
- Fix very bad performance when training together many rovers or trucks.
- Fix trade module save behavior. All existing lost trade ships in save games should return to earth (possibly after doing the wrong trade, but all new saves will work properly)
- Bring in physics freeze distance by a bit, reducing incidence of cases where objects fall through ground. (More improvements incoming).
|29th December 2016
- Ensure that players joining a Steam MP session are friends with someone currently in session.
- Fix for client Condenser exploit that would allow player to take unfilled fuel canister.
- Fix for research item exploit where player could save game after getting item, and reload.
- Fix for clients not seeing correct light and oxygen state on tethers.
- Fix for clients being unable to hear anything in SFX category of sounds.
- Don't allow player to enter vehicles while interacting/holding anything else.
- Updated the bones discoveries so they have random orientation to terrain.
- Updated the Disovery version of Geysers to not include snapping points.
|22nd December 2016
- Fix invert Y for gamepad applying to cursor motion
- Controls screen accessed from pause menu now correctly displays controller buttons when using controller.
- Fix host's gamepad cursor becoming bugged when a client joins
- Fix ability to pick yourself up while in a seat, and being unable to leave seat.
- Fix bug where after loading a save, unplaced dropships would freak out.
- Add ability to enter seat even when it's detached from a vehicle
- Add ability to sit in a dropship while mounted on a vehicle
- Fix exploit allowing player to trade for infinite resources by thieving the item like a pirate while launching
- Fix bug that would not allow a full oxygen tank to save an Astroneer from suffocating
- Double power requirement and production time of Condenser
- Fix bug allowing player to make building platforms after a conduit hub has already been branched.
- Fix algorithm that picks the height of new base platforms, so that flat terrain makes flat base
- Fix issue where resources hover out of backpack on loading save 
- Fix Popper hazards spawning new research items on save load 
- Likely fix for client being unable to click launch buttons with mouse 
|20th December 2016
- Fixed deadlock causing freezes on many people's machines, especially those with dual core CPUs.
- Fixed 10 different crash issues affecting save reloads, multiplayer joins, and general gameplay.
- Decreased performance impact of distant objects.
- Fixed certain performance problems that appear after loading a save.
- Optimized tether networks to significantly improve framerate performance.
- Tethers now go dark when disconnected from their sources.
- Properly disabled VR plugins.
|16th December 2016
- Game goes to unplayable framerate upon going underground. Seems an issue with computing reverb on certain hardware. We've disabled reverb for now and will investigate later.
- Fix for 100% crash for users with Intel Core2 Duo and Core2 Quad processors.
- Fix for SteamVR launching alongside the game. We don't have VR support!