Medium Wind Turbine
|Medium Wind Turbine|
|Crafted at||Small Printer|
The Medium Wind Turbine is a Power source that can be placed on two adjacent slots of a Module or a Vehicle. Just like the Small Wind Turbine, it generates power from the Wind, but will not generate power during a storm. Presumably this is because real life wind turbines will lock the rotors to prevent damage from spinning too fast.
Note: A moving vehicle does not "produce" wind. Wind only depends on the location and weather.
Source[edit | edit source]
Uses[edit | edit source]
- Power Production Rate: 1 Amp(s).
- A Medium Wind Turbine will fill one bar of battery in 4 seconds.
- A Medium Wind Turbine produces twice as much power as a Small Wind Turbine and half of a Medium Solar Panel.
- It is 4x more power and space efficient to fill a Medium Storage with eight Small Wind Turbines than to use a single Medium Wind Turbine on a T2 slot. The only downside is it requires seven more Glass and an additional two Resin. This is useful for rovers, where space is at a premium.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Medium Wind Turbine also functions in space, though this is believed to be a bug.
- They are useful for powering rovers and some bases in the large caves because the caves usually have drafts of wind. This is not a bug.
See Also[edit | edit source]
Media[edit | edit source]